In Awe of God
Reflections on our RPMI Passover Conference
Over the last three weeks, we've been talking about how we were made for MORE! I have challenged you to take small steps to begin living a life of faith, stand shoulder-to-shoulder in agreement with fellow believers, and ask God for His physical power daily.
Today, I want to challenge you to increase the amount of awe you have in your heart for God.
According to Dictionary.com, "awe" means "an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like: in awe of God; in awe of great political figures."
We serve an awesome God, and He does awesome things for us day in and day out.
But do we notice? Do we take the time to stop and thank Him for everything He has done? Do we look for His answers to our prayers, and admire Him and His work when we see Him move?
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I forget. If you’re human, you probably do too. And when we do forget, we tend to start thinking that He isn't working. When we don't thank Him for His blessings and recognize them as such, we lose our wonder for our good, GOOD Father.
But there's an easy remedy. Romans 1:20-21 tells us how to solve this problem:
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened" (emphasis mine).
According to this passage, glorifying God and being thankful are the opposites of thinking futile thoughts and having our hearts become dark and foolish. So if we want to live a life of awe, focused on God's tender, loving care and His awesome works, we can do so by glorifying God and giving Him thanks.
I'm in a place of awe right now. I’ve been overwhelmed with gratitude for God all week. We just wrapped up our first Ronnie Phillips Ministries International Passover conference this week, and God showed out in a big way. Here are just a few of the amazing things He did:
· People Accepted Jesus Christ as Savior.
· The Kingdom of God was Accepted and Embraced.
· Blind eyes were opened. I know this may sound crazy to some, but a man walked in with a “See and Eye” dog with someone to help him move around. He could not open his eyes, but later opened them and was reading the Bible after our intercessors prayed for him. I was brought back in to see this for myself.
· Unity and Restoration came to Faith Worship Center and they have shifted to another level.
· Worship took us to the King!
· We almost met both of our financial goals for the mission of RPMI.
I'm in awe of His goodness and at the generosity of His people. Because of your help, our ministry is working on these mission projects and more:
· We’re hosting an evangelistic crusade in Nicaragua in June.
· Plans are underway for Abba's House Haiti and Abba’s House Cuba.
· We have a dream to build a second church in El Rubio, D.R. This area has not been reached with the Gospel yet, but we have people on the grounds that are eager to begin the work there.
· We will be able to continue funding our local feeding and homeless ministries every week.
· We want to support local churches in the inner-city as they work to solve Chattanooga's gang problems with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are talking with like-minded individuals right now about some partnership ideas.
All of these things are just the beginning. I can't wait to see what He does and where He leads us from here!
I want to thank all the people who helped make this conference possible, and then I want to challenge you to do something special this week that will help you deepen your awe of God too.
First, let me give honor to whom honor is due:
Kelly and I want to thank Pastor Greg & Tiffany Collins and the Faith Worship Center leadership team for believing in RPMI and having the faith to host us. We want to thank Abba’s House, RPMI (Bill, Jim, Alicia, Greg), our intercessors who prayed and drove to Chatsworth every night to help us, all of our guest speakers and worship leaders, choirs, friends, and every person who helped us! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Now, I want to ask you to do something special that will help light your fire the way God has lit mine this week.
- Get out your smartphone, journal, or notepad.
- Start a list right now of everything God has already done for you today. For example, did He help you make it to work on time? Did a friend call you to say hello at just the right moment? Did you get an unexpected check in the mail? Did your lunch date pay for your lunch unexpectedly? Write it down.
- As you move throughout your day, keep jotting down each thing God does for you.
- As your list grows, THANK HIM for each thing He does.
If you will do this, I believe you will begin to notice God at work in your life in tremendous ways that you might not have seen before. You'll see His provision, His favor, and His blessing in undeniable, blazing color. His tender mercy in your life will become obvious, the moment you begin to look for it.
And as you glorify God and are thankful, your "awe factor" will increase. God's power will become more real to you, as you honor Him with your attention.
Our Father has been so good to us, and He deserves every bit of the worship and thanksgiving we can give Him. Will you join me as we stand in awe of His work in our lives today?
We are so thankful for our new partners who have made a decision to stand side-by-side with Kelly and I to do the work of the Kingdom. Many have asked us how they can become a monthly partner. We now have the capability for you to do that on our website. Click on the “Give and Partner” button and register to become a monthly partner or give through the APP. No gift is too small. If God hasn't lead you to give, then go ahead and sign-up for our free weekly devotionals and become a prayer partner. Will you come into agreement with us? We hope you will. Thanks again to our friends and family for loving us and believing in us.
Pastor Ronnie & Kelly Phillips 2016